Friday, August 1, 2008

Well That's Ridiculous!

Wal-Mart is a Sneaky Bitch

I read this story on AOL, and I found it amusing. Apparently, Wal-Mart recently held mandatory meetings for it's store managers to discuss lobbying against unions, thus lobbying against Democrats in November. Last time I checked, it was not okay in any way to encourage your employees to vote any such way in a political election. Wal-Mart of course made it clear that they were not trying to tell their employees who to vote for in the upcoming election, but were just "informing" them of the dangers of supporting Barack Obama in November. Umm....that sounds like they are being told who they should vote for. I dunno, maybe it's just me. The artcle went on to explain Wal-Mart's fears in allowing it's employees to unionize. Wal-Mart claims that if it's employees unionize they will have to pay hefty union dues and get nothing in return. Nothing in return? Correct me if I'm wrong (seriously, cause i'm wrong a lot), but my understanding of labor unions is that they are representatives of the worker and represent them if management attempts to violate any contract terms. Why would that not be beneficial to a worker? If you have insight please enlighten me. Go to http://money.aol.com/ if you wanna read the entire article.

Poisoned Gerber?

I'm not sure if I want to laugh or just be completely disgusted by this next article. A man in New York was arrested after he claimed to have poisoned millions of bottles of baby food with cyanide/rat poison because he wanted to kill black and Hispanic children. That makes perfect sense....because white parents don't feed their children Gerber products, right? What the hell? Oh it gets better. He apparenty posted his scheme on the Internet (YouTube) and claimed that "Our main reason for doing this is we're trying to cut down on the black population." Did I mention that this guy, Anton Dunn, is himself African American? I am seriously baffled at this man's insanity. Not to worry, it was a big hoax...big surprise. Dunn was arrested and charged with being the biggest dumbass in the history of the universe.....actually, it was falsely claiming to have tampered with a consumer product and and sending threats in interstate commerce. Just when you think people can't stoop any lower........you can find the article at http://www.cnn.com/CRIME/.

Have a great weekend....it's finally Friday.

Elena

No comments: