Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hi, I'm Just A Temp.

Why am I such a moron? Seriously, I am baffled by some of the things I say.....in public. I was in the staff room this morning making toast, and one of the new physician assistants came in. She introduced herself like a normal person would do and shook my hand.....instead of saying my name I said, "I'm just a temp". I didn't say my name....not even a nickname....we both just stood there awkwardly. I started to re-introduce myself but my toast popped up and I became preoccupied. "Well, it's nice to meet you.....", as she walked out of the room quickly. Let's just say that everytime I see her I become slightly embarrassed.....maybe tomorrow I'll re-introduce myself. I doubt it will do any good....gah!

I apparently value toast more than my social interactions with people.

Sincerely,
Temp

No comments: